GD offers a competitive, convenient and reliable business waste management service across Wales and the South West. Whatever your business waste needs are, from a one-off solution to a tailored-made waste management program, GD can take care of it.
What does commercial skip hire entail for commercial, industrial and retail businesses
Our service includes collection, classification, treatment, transfer, recycling and/or disposal of waste from your site. We have project and sales managers on hand to offer advice and deal with more difficult waste streams. To find out more, please contact our commercial waste service team here.
Do I need a permit for commercial skip-hire?
If you plan to place your skip on a site owned by your business, you will not require a skip permit. However, if you require the skip to be placed in a publicly owned area such as the roadside, you will require a permit. This complies with section 139 of the Highway Act of 1980; any builder’s skip on a public highway or ‘roadside’ must be covered by a permit.
How much does a permit cost?
Prices may change depending on your council area so please check your local councils’ website in the permit section. As a rule of thumb individual skip permits costs between £25-50 for a 7-day licence, and £50-100 for a 28-day licence.
What can I put into a commercial skip?
In general, most of the below materials can go into a commercial waste skip:
- Bricks, rubble, concrete
- Non-contaminated soil
- Green waste
How to choose the right skip?
- 3-yard skip: Holds approx. 35 black bin bags. Sufficient for small domestic jobs
- 5-yard skip: Holds approx. 55 black bin bags. Big enough for most domestic jobs
- 8-yard skip: Commonly known as a ‘builders skip’. Holds approx. 80 black bin bags. Perfect for large domestic projects
- 8-yard enclosed skip: Can also be supplied with a cover or door. Subject to availability
- 8-yard drop-down door skip: Generally used for soil. Subject to availability
- 14-yard skip: Holds approx. 200 black bin bags of waste. Generally used for commercial hire
- 14-yard enclosed skip: Can be supplied with a cover or door. Subject to availability
GD Environmental can offer a wide range of skips to meet any commercial waste removal project. The diagrams shown here provide an overview of our available skips. However, if you are looking for some advice or would like to discuss your requirements, please call us on 01633 277755 and we will be happy to help.